Thank you for your letter. Unfortunately I will not be able to donate any funds to your campaign due to the following reasons:
1. According to CNN, Israeli forces shelled a house where they had ordered about 100 Palestinian civilians to take shelter, killing about 30 people and wounding many more, witnesses told the U.N.
http://edition. cnn.com/2009/ WORLD/meast/ 01/09/zeitoun. gaza.israel/
2. According to CNN, as Israeli warplanes continue to bomb Gaza, attention is turning to the role of American-made weapons in the deadly attacks, which have now killed over 400 and wounded 2000, including many civilians.
http://rawstory. com/news/ 2008/CNN_ U.S._weapons_ create_Gaza_ civilian_ 0102.html
3. According to BBC, An Israeli air raid has killed at least 17 Lebanese civilians who were fleeing southern border areas. Women and children were among those killed when the convoy was hit.
http://news. bbc.co.uk/ 2/hi/5182564. stm
4. According to The Guardian, More than 10 people have been killed after Israeli naval commandos boarded six aid ships in a convoy heading towards the Gaza Strip.
http://www.guardian .co.uk/world/ blog/2010/ may/31/israel- troops-gaza- ships
5. According to Haaretz, during Operation Cast Lead, Israeli forces killed Palestinian civilians under permissive rules of engagement and intentionally destroyed their property, say soldiers who fought in the offensive.
http://www.haaretz. com/news/ idf-in-gaza- killing-civilian s-vandalism- and-lax-rules- of-engagement- 1.272379
Abdullah Al Alami
--- On Thu, 6/17/10, Mark Kirk wrote:
From: Mark Kirk
Subject: Are you worried about Israel?
To: ALAMIAA@YAHOO. COM
Date: Thursday, June 17, 2010, 9:49 PM
Are you worried about the future of the State of Israel? Me too.
From Gaza City to Damascus to Tehran, Islamic terrorists threaten the destruction of America’s greatest ally in the Middle East almost daily. Incitement against Israel continues while global anti-Semitism stands at its highest point since World War II.
Will you stand with me to fight anti-Israel incitement and defend the Jewish State? Become a “Chai for Kirk” leader by joining my campaign for U.S. Senate today.
For the last decade, I worked tirelessly in the House of Representatives to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship. I helped lead the campaign to stop America’s participation in the Durban II Conference – and I opposed U.S. membership in the anti-Israel Human Rights Council.
Recently, I was the first member of Congress in America to reaffirm Jerusalem as the undivided capital of Israel. Right now, I am leading the effort to cut off gasoline to Iran and stop the regime’s pursuit of nuclear weapons.
We have accomplished much, but with so much at stake, I know there is more I can do from the United States Senate.
Will you stand with me in my U.S. Senate campaign and help me confront the growing dangers to the U.S.-Israel relationship? Your donation of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,400 will help put me over the top and send a pro-Israel champion to the United States Senate.
Thank you for your strong support. Together, we will defend the State of Israel from those who seek her destruction – and celebrate another 62 years of the U.S.-Israel relationship.
Member of Congress
P.S. Your contribution of $25, $50, $100, $250, $500 or more will help send a pro-Israel champion to the United States Senate. Together, we can defend the State of Israel. Please join our effort today.
Paid for by Kirk for Senate
Our mailing address is:
Kirk for Senate
PO Box 8
Winnetka, IL 60093
Copyright (C) 2010 Kirk for Senate All rights reserved.